Immigration has been an important part of America since its inception. But in the last 40 years, the number of immigrants our government admitted skyrocketed, far surpassing traditional immigration levels that made this country great. As a matter of fact, 80 percent of all U.S. population growth in the last 40 years has been driven by immigration and births to immigrants. Virtually all of the population growth in California is a result of immigration and births to immigrants. And now, our lawmakers are even talking about dramatically increasing immigration in coming years. So, the solution to stabilizing U.S. population growth and population growth in California seems obvious. We need to slow mass immigration. Then, we can get back to an immigration system that works for all of us. Here are specific solutions from CAPS.
- Provide much-needed protection at our borders and ports.
- Enforce the laws on our books. When illegal aliens come to the attention of law enforcement, they should be sent back to their home countries
- Tough sanctions for employers who hire illegal aliens. Implement the E-Verify system.
- Support legislation that ensures active cooperation between federal and local law enforcement, facilitating the apprehension and deportation of illegal and criminal aliens.
- Stop encouraging illegal entry by saying “NO” to amnesties, which only result in more illegal immigration.
- Slow legal immigration to traditional levels.
- Eliminate “chain” migration by limiting “family reunification” to spouses and minor children of legal immigrants.
- Stop terrorists via new regulations for student and tourist visa holders that make their location and movements known. Enhance our screening processes.
- Only admit new immigrants who have a skill set that matches an economic need in this country. Ensure that these new immigrants will not take a job that should go to a qualified American worker.
- Limit immigrant admissions to those who will not end up on welfare.
- Eliminate “birthright citizenship” for children of illegal aliens.
- Reduce foreign pressure to immigrate to the U.S. by funding family planning assistance in other countries.
- Encourage the teaching of comprehensive sex education in U.S. public schools